VS2010 TFS2010 support

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Hi

I don't have a test environment right now, but does this works with TFS2010?

thanks in advance

regards

Bruno

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not supported with TFS2010. With the new typed linked system I'd have to write the whole thing from scratch and I don't have the time for that currently.

Sorry,

Loïc

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

As we are heavily relying on the Workitem Creator and its merge features and are additionally migrating to TFS 2010, I'd like to modify the tool to be compatible to VS2010 but I wasn't able to find the latest sources here on Codeplex - Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

Ramin

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM

If I remember correctly I think you're right. I'll put them online (assuming I still have them on my laptop) in less than a day.

I would have like to get feedback from your utilization of this feature, to be quite honest I didn't think much people were using it (mainly due to a lack of promotion and being not very easy of use at first).

It's always encouraging to heard people are using your stuffs! :)

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Romout wrote:

Hi,

As we are heavily relying on the Workitem Creator and its merge features and are additionally migrating to TFS 2010, I'd like to modify the tool to be compatible to VS2010 but I wasn't able to find the latest sources here on Codeplex - Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

Ramin

Ok I've created a folder "Version 2.5.0.0" in the root of the project's source control, I know this is not a very clean way to do it, but I renamed a lot of files and I have to time to make the Source Control operation in the main branch.

You should be fine, please keep me updated of your work, as the license states you can't modify the sources without my authorization... I just want enhancements to be part of the community.

Regards,

Loïc

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Thank you very much!

I’ll keep you updated though I’ve started to implement a very similar tool which I will, of course, share with you as well. If I’m happy enough with the implementation (which I’m currently not – way too much gui-code which actually does things), I might even release it to the community.

Going to download your latest version now!

Thanks again,

Ramin

Sent: Dienstag, 5. April 2011 20:55
To: Dalkouhi Ramin AVL/GRZ
Subject: Re: VS2010 TFS2010 support [wicreator:249746]

Romout wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Ramin

Ok I've created a folder "Version 2.5.0.0" in the root of the project's source control, I know this is not a very clean way to do it, but I renamed a lot of files and I have to time to make the Source Control operation in the main branch.

You should be fine, please keep me updated of your work, as the license states you can't modify the sources without my authorization... I just want enhancements to be part of the community.

Regards,

Loïc