<!--min="0" means 0 or more-->
<WorkItem type="New Feature" min="0"/>
<WorkItem type="Task" min="0"/>
</Allowed>
</WorkItem>

On the TreeView,
right click on a node,
Create Sub Work Item,

I can create a Task but not New Feature.

There are 5 recognised WorkItemType under WITree_CreateSubWI(object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e).

It would be helpful if it can be made to recognise custom work item types rather than hard coded ones.
What do you think?

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 8:29 AM
Edited Jun 20, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Sounds, like I'm gonna have to make a new release! :)

Sorry, it's an omission I made, in the latest version you can create any custom types of Work Item in the Action menu, and I thought I did the same for the Tree Control, apparently not !
The code inside WITree_CreateSubWI is just awful, a typical example of a small utility turning into a real program, some parts are hard coded, others more pretty...

Again, this is a simple fix, so I suggest you that I make a new release today, not the default one, you test it, and give me feedback about it.
If everything's fine, I'll make it the new default release, that's ok with you ?

Btw, if you have other requests, made them quickly, because I'm starting now! ;)

Loïc

EDIT: Well, the sources uploaded on Codeplex are not the latest ones, the sources I have in local use the same code than the creation from the Action menu, so it's supposed to work (with the version I have in local). I make a new release anyway, upload the source, and wait for your feedback.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 8:42 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 21, 2007 at 12:54 AM
Sure, I'll test it out :-)
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM

kmleow wrote:
Sure, I'll test it out :-)

Version 1.4 beta is available, source codes too.
There's a new features that enable one to merge code by selecting the corresponding Work Items. It's not fully operational yet...
Jun 27, 2007 at 1:50 AM
Good to hear that you have released a new version.

Still cannot add custom work item type via TreeView :-(

I have read your source code, changeset 3320.
I think you missed this:
void WITree_CreateSubWI(object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
{
/*
Should merge CmdCreateChangeRequest, CmdCreateBug, CmdCreateTask, CmdCreateReview, CmdCreateIssue
into a single function, whereby this function accepts 2 parameters; TreeNode and WorkItemType (as string).
*/
}

I have not tried your binary release.
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2007 at 6:53 AM
I messed up for the release of the sources, but I can assure you the binary has the code to support custom work item types!

I made this beta in a hurry, I'm pretty busy right now with the "Make a release" feature. Hopefully, it will be done today.
I will make sure the source are synced with the binary.

(FYI I develop WICreator on the TFS Server of my company, then when I have to up the sources to Codeplex, its a process I may have not totally mastered yet! :))
Jul 19, 2007 at 2:38 AM
Sorry I have not been updating you on the status of my test.

So far, no problems with it. :-)