VS Add-in?

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Has there been any thought to packaging this functionality as a VS Add-in?

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 6:29 AM

mob wrote:
Has there been any thought to packaging this functionality as a VS Add-in?

Well, I thought about it more than a time. But three things stopped me from doing it right away:
- I like the Click Once technology that make the application upgrade very easy and seamless to the user.
- Time...I don't have time right now to work on that kind of stuffs regarding Work Item Creator.
- How the integration should be ? The simpliest way would be to put the main form as a whole Visual Studio Window. This wouldn't take much time, but I'm not sure it is what people are really asking for. Having a new folder in the Team Explorer would be great, but there would be a need of a custom toolbar and maybe a custom window that displays the selection. Double clicking on a work Item could open a separate Work Item Window (the same way as the query window).

Your thoughts ?

People on my team area asking for a VS Add-in too, so I guess it will be made in the short future, I just need to know how, and find some time.

Btw, sorry for the delay of the answer, the past couple weeks were just too busy for me.

Loïc
Jun 26, 2007 at 4:47 AM

LoicBaumann wrote:

Well, I thought about it more than a time. But three things stopped me from doing it right away:
- I like the Click Once technology that make the application upgrade very easy and seamless to the user.
- Time...I don't have time right now to work on that kind of stuffs regarding Work Item Creator.
- How the integration should be ? The simpliest way would be to put the main form as a whole Visual Studio Window. This wouldn't take much time, but I'm not sure it is what people are really asking for. Having a new folder in the Team Explorer would be great, but there would be a need of a custom toolbar and maybe a custom window that displays the selection. Double clicking on a work Item could open a separate Work Item Window (the same way as the query window).

Your thoughts ?

I was thinking the whole window as a main in VS myself ... but I'm sure threre are more than a few details to work out. The first was the configuration.

I'm currently working on a custom process template - and the top request is a parent/child relationship - with an editor.