This project is read-only.

Installation

May 8, 2007 at 9:02 PM
Please let me know here if you have some trouble with the installation of WICreator.
May 25, 2007 at 2:35 AM
Using your release,
When I click on Actions, Open Database from Work Item, I get the following exception dialog:
The OpenDB work item type does not exist.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

• Exception Text **************
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.DeniedOrNotExistException: The OpenDB work item type does not exist.
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemTypeCollection.get_Item(String typeName)
at CegWICreator.MainForm.MIActionsMenuClicked(Object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownItemClicked(ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.DropDown_ItemClicked(Object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnItemClicked(ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnItemClicked(ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.HandleItemClick(ToolStripItem dismissingItem)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------

Then, I downloaded the source then compiled the WICreator and this managed to run without issues.

------------------

Next, I used Reflector on your releases and noticed that your release and the source code have different functions; eg. one has function XXXXX but the other does not.
May 25, 2007 at 2:14 PM

kmleow wrote:
Using your release,
When I click on Actions, Open Database from Work Item, I get the following exception dialog:
The OpenDB work item type does not exist.

You most likely download the bugged release of the version 1.3, you can find a Fix name "Fix of 1.3" in the Releases section.

Concerning the source code available on codeplex, it's not sync with the current release, I apologize for that. I was really in a hurry, but I'm going to do it right away!

Sorry for the inconvenience!
May 29, 2007 at 2:34 AM
I have tried the fix on http://www.codeplex.com/wicreator/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=4410

still does not work

am I doing something not right?
I have overwritten the .deploy file.
Jun 1, 2007 at 5:20 AM

kmleow wrote:
I have tried the fix on http://www.codeplex.com/wicreator/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=4410

still does not work

am I doing something not right?
I have overwritten the .deploy file.

Hmm, looks like you'll have to deploy the whole application again...Backup your networkmodels.xml, install the latest version, restore your xml, and make sure every settings are as stated in the "about & setup" document.